- Biographies in Light before Edison
June 16, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
AIA/CES Continuing Education Seminar
AIA Course Number IAL-102
Learning Units 1.0 AIA LU
Presenters: Mr. Tom Taber and Ms. Terri Lux
A fairly well-known scientist once said “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants”. With that sentiment in mind please join us on a journey back in time to better understand how we reached what we now think of as the modern age of lighting represented by the discovery of the incandescent lamp.
Some individuals highlighted may be familiar figures to you in the world of lighting while others may be known to you from other fields of study but are not generally credited for their advancements to light. Still others may be completely unknown to most everyone, having been lost to history…… that is “until now”.
- Attendees will better understand where we are today in the lighting industry by understanding the process of how we got here.
- Learn how our technologies of modern lighting are dependent upon the lighting technologies of the past.
- Learn what light itself actually is by understanding the complex theories of light that evolved and competed with each other to finally galvanize into our presently accepted understanding.
- Understand that the modern age of lighting is the tying together of various sciences, theories, mechanics, inventions, and industries, into one unifying force.
Flyer for the Event: AIA Biographies flyer