The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
Established in 1906, the IES is the recognized technical and educational authority on illumination. For over one hundred years its objective has been to communicate information on all aspects of good lighting practice to its members, to the lighting community, and to consumers through a variety of programs, publications, and services. The strength of the IES is its diversified membership: engineers, architects, designers, educators, students, contractors, distributors, utility personnel, manufacturers, and scientists, all contributing to the mission of the Society: to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES is a forum for the exchange of ideas and information and a vehicle for its members’ professional development and recognition. Through its technical committees, with hundreds of qualified members from the lighting and user communities, the IES correlates research, investigations, and discussions to guide lighting experts and laypersons via research-and consensus based lighting recommendations.
The IES Orange County Section has been in existence for more than 30 years. We provide an environment for sharing knowledge and ideas that advance the career paths of all our members by providing local focus, content and direction to IES activities in our area.
We invite you to join us at our next section meeting to learn more about what we do and to tap into the knowledge and experience of our great network of local professionals. You do not need to be an IES member to attend these meetings but there are many benefits to membership. Click on the Join Now button under Become an IES Member on our homepage to learn more about membership benefits or to fill out a membership application.
Our local section is volunteer-run and we are always looking for individuals who wish to get involved. It is a great way to learn more about this area’s design community and collaborate with professionals who are interested in their profession. If you would like to become more actively involved, feel free to contact our section president or any of the officers.
Section Officers 2022-2023
- President: Victor Garcia, Performance Lighting Systems
- Vice President: Pat Jones, Intense Lighting
- Secretary: Shane Foster, ANP
- Treasurer: Thomas Wong, Forman & Associates
- Past President: Thomas Wong, Forman & Associates
Section Chairs 2022-2023
- Education: Danny Cain, Salas O’brien
- Education Co Chair: Josh Rogers, SCI
- Membership: Jim Levy, UpLight Engineering
- Illumination Awards: Mindy Cooper, Performance Lighting Systems
- Webmaster: Mindy Cooper, Performance Lighting Systems
- Observership Chair: Richard Lund, Kirlin
- Social Media: Erica Peters, SCI
- Golf Chair: Sam Myers, AHT Global
- Golf Assist: Greg Hebets, Comptek Technologies & Richard Lund, Kirlin
- Industry Liaison: Craig Brauks, Brauks Consulting
- Sponsorship: Jim Levy, UpLight Engineering
- IES DISTRICT 5 CHAIR: Jim Levy, UpLight Engineering